Cooking Gluten Free Banana Bread
We just love sharing recipes created by our good friend and nutritionist Jaz. This week it's a scrumptious banana bread!
Here's how you make it.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (good for blood sugar levels)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dark sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a bread pan with baking paper and grease the inside of the pan to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana, eggs, maple syrup, greek yogurt, oil and vanilla extract to a bowl until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients (including choc) and mix until just combined. Do not overmix)
- Add banana bread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You can follow Jaz on Instagram here.